Considered a major release, GraalVM 20 improves on previously available builds for Windows platforms. Windows builds now include the
gu utility for installing components and improved GraalVM Native Image support. GraalVM’s Node.js support for Windows is scheduled for the 20.1 release.
[ Also on InfoWorld: The new features in Java 14 ]
Other improvements in GraalVM 20 include:
s-load-from-classpathoption was added to allow loading of files from the the classpath via
classpath:pseudo URLs. This usage is not recommended with untrusted code.
- The GraalVM distribution for the AArch64 architecture now has a functional
js.bind-member-functionsoption has been added for implicit binding of unbound functions returned by
Value.getMembercodeto the receiver.
- An implementation of the ECMAScript
- For Java, GraalVM 20.0 has added mitigation for Jump Conditional Code Erratum (JCC) to avoid performance loss on Intel systems.A JDK Flight Recorder Data Viewer has been added for VisualVM, a tool for heap analysis.
- The LLVM compiler toolchain is now based on the LLVM 9.0.0 runtime.
- For Python, Jython compatibility has been improved.
- The Python Positional-Only Parameters proposal has been implemented.
- Support for the Ruby language has been updated to Ruby 2.6.5. There also has been performance improvements for Ruby pertaining to sockets and
This story, “GraalVM upgrade improves Windows builds” was originally published by
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂