A digital coach which aims to build confidence among young people and an app which encourages people to stay healthy are some of the winners at this year’s AXA Health Tech & You Awards.
Now in its fifth year and led by AXA PPP healthcare, the awards recognise those companies which are using technology to improve the health and well-being of people.
This year’s awards were launched in November and the categories were; Sleep Tech Challenge, Mental Health in Children Challenge, Mobility and Accessibility Challenge, Innovation in Health Tech and Excellence in Health Tech.
The winners were:
- Sleep Tech Challenge – LYS – a wearable Button helping people understand how light in their everyday environment influences sleep
- Mental Health in Children Challenge – KIT – a digital coach aiming to arm young people with social confidence and skills
- Mobility and Accessibility Challenge – Tomo – an app that uses the power of an online community to build habits that keep people healthy
- Innovation in Health Tech – Chronomics – a repeatable at-home epigenetic testing kit, offering insights into a person’s health by looking at their DNA
- Excellence in Health Tech – Lechal – a smart insole aimed at reducing fall risk and increasing physical activity for the older generation
Mike Dalby, director of individual health at AXA PPP healthcare, said: “The calibre of the technology coming through the awards proved to be outstanding for a fifth year running.
“Entries came in from all over the world to showcase their innovations to the AXA Health Tech & You team, including the expert group and category partners who worked with us to shape and steer this year’s categories.
“The winners of AXA Health Tech & You 2019 have demonstrated that health tech can help individuals of all ages and their families, from addressing young people’s mental health needs to enabling the older generation to remain active. Technology can help people to live healthier and happier lives at any age, both now and in the future and we at AXA are excited to be at the forefront of this rapidly changing industry.”
Share this post if you enjoyed! 🙂